• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sub enclosure.. behind seat in front of midgate

Neozyne

Has anyone tried this sub enclosure? Looks pretty awesome since you don't have to remove the mid gate and is probably pretty easy to remove. This would also allow me to run my 2 8's and 2 12's  >:D  (y)

My main concern/question if anyone has used these as i'm sure anyone would have.. how much room do you get between where the sub would go and the back of the seat? Last thing I want is to drop a few hundo on new 12's and have the subs flapping against the back of hard plastic if the excursion is too much.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/4497489/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed&gclid=CN6TnbrXw8ECFStgMgodTRoAng

+ 2 of JL 12TW3-D4's would be saweeet.

The box dims. are on the link you posted.
The sub dims. are here.
http://www.jlaudio.com/12tw3-d4-car-audio-tw3-subwoofer-drivers-92185
scaling it off, it looks to be an inch and 1/16 from the mounting surface to the leading edge.
The Xmax is .6", so if you are pushing it hard enough to get more than .6"(appx. 5/8") of excursion you are pulling the coil out of the gap and damaging it and could be slamming it into the magnet on regression and damaging it, so .6" should be your max excursion.
take the box dim. and set a piece of cardboard up in your AV to represent the box, measure the distance to the seat. if it is more than 1 and 11/16", (1 1/16" for the sub and 5/8" excursion) you should be good to go.

Awesome man thanks for breaking that down for me- i'll look at it tonight.

I have that box with 2 12s. I had to get some slim subs cause my kickers where to deep. And i had a problem with speaker hittimg plastix on seat and wouldt fold all way back on one side. Had to modify it a little.

Rockford fosgate p3 12s shallow mount. Soumd pretty good. And lil grinding on plastic behind seat. For a while i just took that plastic off.

Are the subs still making contact with the back of the seat after you took the plastic off? I don't even know if i'd necessarily want to do that- hoping for a simple solution to be able to remove if I need to move a couch or something...

No no contact. I couldt put the beauty rings around subs tho.ill take pics later hopefully.

That would be great, thanks! I almost wonder if going with the 2 10" enclosure would be better assuming that it would give better clearance to the excursion of the subs.. even though i really want 12's.

Back