• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Radio Volume knob problem

rrehman

I have a 2010 Avalanche LT.  I was hauling 16' lumber with the seats folded down and the boards sitting on the center console.  I had a towel around the boards so they would not scratch the dash if they bumped it.  The boards must have shifted or moved, and pressed against the volume/power knob.  the dial turns but the volume wont go up or down.  It will still power on and off by pushing it in.  I can adjust the volume by the steering wheel controls.  Does anyone have any ida how to fix this without taking it to the dealership and paying an arm and lag?

Thanks,
Rob

It uses a digital controller that works by sending mechanical or optical pulses to signal the change in volume...(probably mechanical since I can feel the pulses as the knob is turned...sounds like the rotary "chopper" portion of the mechanism is broken and is likely not a user serviceable component.

Back