• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How to share video from rear mirror to new gps radio unit..

J Avo

Hey everybody I  hope someone can help me with this problem seem should be easy but cant figure out.I have 2013 avalanche black diamond with no gps radio,(standard radio w/bose)so the rear camera displays is on the rear view mirror.Recently I purchase the O.E.M gps head unit for my model and installed it sucessfully minus the rear view camera on the radio unit  (camera still on the rear view mirror)  I know you can share or eliminate the video from the rear view mirror to radio unit by using a rca connector  pos+ & neg- open end cable,I connect one end to the rca female end connector off the radio I got that part but dont know where to connect or what color to use off the connector from the rear view mirror or if I even need to make my connects from there.I've try reaching out to the dealer,auto shop,some places online etc.and no help so wondering if anybody has done this and can help me out.Its my first post so please take it easy.Thx in advance..

J avo

Check under the passenger seat.

Back