• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

LockPick with Lightning cable for Video

Do you have RSE? (rear seat entertainment) If so you have RCA connectors that you can use to input A/V onto the factory screens.

You will need to jump thru some hoops to do so but it will work...

You will need an HDMI cable, an RCA cable, and a lightning to HDMI cable

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=45
MD826

and a hdmi2av converter

http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PETHCSP-Composite-S-video-Converter/dp/B00GGFY6LW/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412303222&sr=1-15&keywords=hdmi+to+rca+converter
41OT3chCL6L.jpg

The hdmi2av converter needs to be powered (some by usb, others via 5v power adapter) because the iPhone does not provide enough power through hdmi.

I used these as examples only I have not used or do I endorse any of these brands or products.

The lockpick (old and new) have a 30 pin Apple input that controls all functions and allows audio and video to be input to the factory radio...

However simply using a lightning to 30 pin adapter will NOT work as it does not support video.  (n)
MD823

The Lockpick should control all functions and allow audio to be sent to the factory radio by using this adapter, but NO video.  :E:

DouglasOak said:
The lockpick (old and new) have a 30 pin Apple input that controls all functions and allows audio and video to be input to the factory radio...

However simply using a lightning to 30 pin adapter will NOT work as it does not support video.  (n)
MD823

The Lockpick should control all functions and allow audio to be sent to the factory radio by using this adapter, but NO video.  :E:
If I remember right from when I looked into putting the lightning cable in my av, is that this design flaw is in apples adapter. I cannot play video through an adapter on any usb supportive devices.

Back