• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mod for Nav input when moving

Mickeykelley

Has anyone here ever came up with a mod to get around not being able to input when vehicle is moving.  Yes I know it is a safety thing, but when you have a passenger, they should be able to type when moving.  On my 08 Vette, there is a wire that sends voltage or whatever to the Nav when moving.  A guy came up with a way around by basically clipping that wire and running it to a toggle switch.  It worked great except when not receiving it would time out, so you would have to flip it on and off to get another 30 or whatever seconds of more typing.  Worked but not the most elegant.  Then another guy (http://shop.sunsetorangecreations.com/product.sc?productId=21) came up with an automated version that does it for you when you press the trip button.  I just installed it and works great so wanting to do same for my 12 Avalanche.  He is not sure if it will work on Avalanche Nav as it is a new generation GM Nav.  Anyone ever work on this over here?

Back