• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

looking for good brakes

zosicks

Ok, so about 2 years ago I bought a set of slotted/drilled rotors and pads from brake motive hoping to eliminate warping which I had on the brakes that were factory.  Within 3 months, I was getting feedback in my brake pedal from my back brakes warping. I live in a mountainous area but I haven't really had this problem with other vehicles,    an anyone recommend a good brand of brakes that hold up to tough conditions and don't warp under heavy use?

I always use Raybestos rotors and pads and have never had a problem.
My brother had a Tahoe which he would road rally, on that beast he had Bear vented rotors with Raybestos ceramic pads.

Raybesto does not make a drilled and slotted rotor any longer, but the advanced technology slotted ones are really good.

Personally I am not a fan of the drilled and slotted ones, they always seemed to eat pads quickly. I do understand why you would want them tho. I am looking at getting the comets Bear system for my Mustang if I ever get it that far along, hehe.

Back