• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My 2007 LT is getting totalled.....anyone with access to autosource?

tweak302

Well, in a surprising twist of events, my wifes 20mph collision with a ford focus means i will be looking for another car soon.  I hate waiting for the info from the inurance company, so does anyone have access to autosource to give me a rough ballpark payout?

07 LT w/2lt
85k 5.3V8 Flexfuel
options:
nav, leather, sunroof, 4wd, very good-excellent condition, tow package, climate control, 

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3B9%3A%3B%3Dot%3E243%3A%3D469%3D789%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B8%3B23%3B3%3B8245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A449%3Dot%3E243%3A%3D469%3D789%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B8%3B23%3B3%3B9245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3753%3Dot%3E243%3A%3D469%3D789%3DXROQDF%3E2%3B8%3B23%3B3%3B%3A245ot1lsi

With the sway in the front is for sure totalled. Check KBB and that'll give you a close estimate as to what they'll be giving you. Getting another Av?

I already got a call that because of the frame damage its totalled, but they don't use KBB.  According to KBB it should be around 21K, but i know they will try to ream me somehow.  And as much as Id love to get another ave, my recent job change is pointing me in the direction of getting a TDI and a cheaper beater truck.  Maybe an older tundra or f250. 

Im just shocked, because the wife was going like 20mph, and the focus could not have been going more than 10 or 15.  The lady lives in the corner house of the intersection where this happened.  And the focus didn't look anywhere near as bad.

Bigger vehicle has a lesser strengthened crumple to displace the energy to help protect people in smaller vehicles? Easier for that vehicle to get to your frame? If you like the rig and can find a frame shop that can repair it may be worth it for the insurance payoff and the repair but would have a salvage title at that point. Is the frame damage all up front on the frame or is any of it at the steering/suspension critical areas? Never mind. I just looked again and see the crack is behind the left front control arm mount. Question answered. Sucks.

Whoah...I know your wife was only going 20mph but is she okay? And what about the focus driver? Hope everything works out for you!

i agree into looking into getting it repaired. A good frame shop can fix all the little damage and get it straight as an arrow again. Any rips they can weld and retreat the frame coating. You could get the payout, buy it back and repair it and likely make out with extra $. Get the frame fixed and find the parts already in white via car-part.com and likely could make out with extra $ in your pocket. This is all if you have the time and know how :D

Just a warning on modern trucks the frame is designed to crush and absorb energy. If one side is bent I'm sure the other side is bent also. It is my guess that they will just replace the frame versus trying to straighten it.

I just went back through some of your older posts.  If you can, try to get some of your electrical mods out of it if you have the chance. 

How much are they claiming it's worth?  Usually to total, repairs would have to exceed 80% of it's value.  It should be worth at very least $15k (and I'm not including the low mileage).  That means the repairs would have to exceed $12k.

If they tell you it's worth less than $15k, I'd get NADA Guides, KBB, Edmunds, and MotorTrend valuations.  And I'd print out Autotrader sales for the same year, trim level, and similar mileage.  Then send that to your Insurance and tell them to justify their value back to you.

Look up comparable same year model in your area (at least 3 or more), make a list of All the vehicles equipment, mileage, condition and maintenance. Be prepared to push your vehicle value, to include, replacement cost (include tax, tags and fees) with your adjuster. After my experience this year with my Avy and the insurance company, I would have rather a tooth pulled.

Back