• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Diablosport Predator gurus, i have a question.

specialk440

Installed the 87 octane tune, disabled AFM. About a month later, decided to log some data,and look at it. I think I see something weird with the LTFT's. Sometimes, along the graph of the ltfts, there's a moment when one bank will do the opposite of the other. Bank one might go down for a moment, then return to where it was. (Probably me bumping the accelerator or something) the weird thing is the other bank, bank two, will go up, actually crossing over the graph for bank one. They are basically mirror images of eachother, but only for a brief second. Most of the time, they track together perfectly, although at slightly different values. Cruising at 65ish mph, one bank is -1.6, other is -2.2. (Roughly). Is the graph pattern normal? It seems strange.

I'm not 100% sure of the newer computers, but in the older ones (I've got 02 and 03 AVs) there actually are 22 different LTFT cells, for each bank.  There are 6 special condition cells, such as when it's doing an EVAP cycle, but most are based on a 4x4 matrix of 4 rpm and 4 manifold pressure ranges.  When you bump the accelerator you are probably jumping for a moment into LTFT cells corresponding to a higher manifold pressure range.

Each cell in each bank has its own LTFT saved.  They are all probably a bit different.  It isn't that unusual for the banks to flip under different conditions.  I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Back