• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Avalanche B0083 - Front End Impact Sensor

turbojimmy

2 questions for '07 Avy owners who have encountered this SRS code:

1) My research indicates that there was a design change in the front impact sensors during the '07 model year. There's a TSB on it. However, when I look in gmpartsdirect, there is only one front impact sensor for my '07. It's $104 from them. Dorman makes one for $60, too. Are they universal now (i.e., model year independent, left and right are the same)?

2) B0083 is "Front End Impact Sensor #1". Is this the left side?

Thanks!

Looks like it's interchangeable left to right for the 07-08

Can't help with the TSB and yes it's the driver side.

For the record the Dorman 590-203 Front Impact Sensor cleared the code. The B0083 code is indeed the left sensor, but the replacement sensor is for either side. At $48, the Dorman part is less than half the gmpartsdirect price for the OEM sensor.

(y) Glad you got it fixed.

MS03 2500 said:
(y) Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks!

Also forgot to mention that the front impact sensors are really easy to get at. Take the front splash shield down (4 15mm bolts) and the sensors are mounted on either side of the frame crossmember. A 10mm wrench will take the single bolt out. The sensor comes with a new bolt.

Back