• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Diablosport Predator

RFD100

Summit Racing is clearing out the DiabloSport Predator Flash Programmers U7194 for 194.50. I am getting ready to take a 2,000 mile road trip / vacation in my 07 LTZ in two weeks. Is it worth buying a turner and dropping a tune in the vehicle? Or would I be wasting my money.

Thanks in advance for the input.  ???

I don't have the Diablosport but I have a SUPERCHIPS and run the 87 tune. In addition to changes of the oem tune it also allows for more setting adjustments for tire size, shift points/ firmness, speed limiter, rev limiter and also reads and clears codes. My 07 drives much smoother than stock, more pep/ better response etc, but the gas mileage is about the same (14). I would buy it again but now there's tuners that allow you to customize even more via internet downloads but that's above my comfort level.
Hope that helps a little.

I had one for my 07 and now a trinity for my '12.  I know nothing about tuning so the built in ones were ok at first.  I ended up contacting MonteSS on their forums for a custom tune. diablewtune.com  You hook up a laptop to the tuner and save some info, send it to him and he tweaks a tune for you.  I did get slight increase in mileage when not flooring it but I get much better throttle response than stock so I'm happy with it.  Lot of people will go with HP tuners or something else but I don't want to have to learn a bunch of stuff to use it.

RFD100 said:
Summit Racing is clearing out the DiabloSport Predator Flash Programmers U7194 for 194.50. I am getting ready to take a 2,000 mile road trip / vacation in my 07 LTZ in two weeks. Is it worth buying a turner and dropping a tune in the vehicle? Or would I be wasting my money.

Thanks in advance for the input.  ???

If all you're looking for is some increased fuel economy for a 2000 mile road trip, it's really not worth it.

I picked my predator up from Speedfreak95. Love the thing. Running the Diablotune but I made some adjustments to it. Added timing, adjusted air/fuel, added fuel %s, changed shift points, bumped up rpm limiter, took off the Governor, and adjusted idle rpms

I love it

you don't want the old discontinued predators.. they're all dead and gone.. were all discontinued over 4 years ago now..

plus, there is NO tcm/tranny support with a predator.. so you can NOT adjust any tranny settings, like shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, tranny torque management, etc.. and belive me, the tranny tune makes a BIG difference on these trucks..

you'd want to get an inTune or Trinity...  the inTune is what replaced the old predator's, and is much better.. and has tcm/tranny support...

Back