• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A 2015 avalanche would have looked amazing

NYC-SanMan

I have seen a few of the 2015 Tahoes and Suburbans and I can't help but think how cool the new body style would look on a Avalanche. Shame that there done making them.  :B:

NYC-SanMan said:
I have seen a few of the 2015 Tahoes and Suburbans and I can't help but think how cool the new body style would look on a Avalanche. Shame that there done making them.  :B:
Agreed and I'd trade up in a heartbeat.

My 11-year-old was just mentioning how I should trade my 2006 for a 2015.  He was very upset when I told him it coldnt' be done.

He then suggested I buy a 2014 Duramax Avalanche instead.

(y)

Someone on here must be good with Photoshop .... Come on people ....somebody make a 2015 Suburban and 07+ mash up lol  then maybe chevy will see it, and want to make it  :woohoo: :woohoo: A boy can dream can't he  :needhug:

NYC-SanMan said:

Drove a few and I like the interior changes with exception of membrane buttons on the steering wheel, but the exterior screams "I'm a fat station wagon" - black ones look more like a poor man's hearse! GM's history has always been to come up with a well designed utilitarian vehicle, refine it in second gen and then turn it over to accountants and exterior decorators cheapen it and to pretty it up......and this is a prime example of a transformation from warrior, to cowboy, to ballet dancer.

The original armored beast with utilitarian steps built into the rear bumper morphed into a more appealing family vehicle which retained its strength to handle tough jobs and the guts to go off road, a 2015 version with the Suburban/Tahoe exterior would look more at home taking the gang for an ice cream sundae. Compare the aggressive appearance of the fronts of the Dodge Rams, Fords, and pre 2015 Tahoe/Burb.....they scream truck...at least the new Silverado has still retained its "spit in your eye" look............latch onto my front tow hook and I'll pull you out of a ditch or uproot a tree........or the large multi-segmented tail lights with powerful backup lenses. The 2015 fronts scream "use me to carpool to the train station"......the sides have been redesigned to remove the standard massive belt moldings and substitute an indented crease; however, for only $200 extra you can get an optional itsy-bitsy molding that fits below the crease where it will do nothing to prevent a dent from an adjacent door: it's gone from "don't even think about it" to "let's see how deep a dent you can make".......the look of the tail lights has gone from "I'm on the ass end of a mean machine" to "don't I look cool and trendy, squint when you have to use my dainty little backup lights".

Say thanks, that they did not transfer these changes to a 2015 Avalanche.

Years ago I had a co-worker that adamantly rejected the new "rounded" front end of the new model Chevy and GMC truck lines.

At the time, he stated in no uncertain terms he would never buy one of those ugly-A trucks and would drive his current "flat-nosed" Suburban until the end of his days.

I have often wondered if he ever relented or did his family make arrangements to bury him in that old Suburban when he croaks.

:laugh:

Thomcat said:
Drove a few and I like the interior changes with exception of membrane buttons on the steering wheel, but the exterior screams "I'm a fat station wagon" - black ones look more like a poor man's hearse! GM's history has always been to come up with a well designed utilitarian vehicle, refine it in second gen and then turn it over to accountants and exterior decorators cheapen it and to pretty it up......and this is a prime example of a transformation from warrior, to cowboy, to ballet dancer.

The original armored beast with utilitarian steps built into the rear bumper morphed into a more appealing family vehicle which retained its strength to handle tough jobs and the guts to go off road, a 2015 version with the Suburban/Tahoe exterior would look more at home taking the gang for an ice cream sundae. Compare the aggressive appearance of the fronts of the Dodge Rams, Fords, and pre 2015 Tahoe/Burb.....they scream truck...at least the new Silverado has still retained its "spit in your eye" look............latch onto my front tow hook and I'll pull you out of a ditch or uproot a tree........or the large multi-segmented tail lights with powerful backup lenses. The 2015 fronts scream "use me to carpool to the train station"......the sides have been redesigned to remove the standard massive belt moldings and substitute an indented crease; however, for only $200 extra you can get an optional itsy-bitsy molding that fits below the crease where it will do nothing to prevent a dent from an adjacent door: it's gone from "don't even think about it" to "let's see how deep a dent you can make".......the look of the tail lights has gone from "I'm on the ass end of a mean machine" to "don't I look cool and trendy, squint when you have to use my dainty little backup lights".

Very well said.  When I buy a truck, and a SUV for that matter, I want a truck that I can use to off road, haul, pull stumps etc.

EXT4ME said:
Years ago I had a co-worker that adamantly rejected the new "rounded" front end of the new model Chevy and GMC truck lines.

At the time, he stated in no uncertain terms he would never buy one of those ugly-A trucks and would drive his current "flat-nosed" Suburban until the end of his days.

I have often wondered if he ever relented or did his family make arrangements to bury him in that old Suburban when he croaks.

:laugh:

There's a big difference between round noised, flat nosed and pu$$y nosed....seen the fronts on a Ram or Ford or even a Ridgeline lately?..it's all in the eyes of the driver. And it either looks like a truck or it doesn't and when the bumper and grille, fog lights, tow hooks, belt molding and taillights look like a fashion statement instead of functional equipment......it is in the latter category.

And they've also gone to glitzy and cheap even where it's not readily apparent.... they've gone from hydroboost, to hydraulic assist, now to electric steering....likely another great idea to gain an actual 1/10 mpg like AFM...a real genius of an idea....house an electric motor inside the rack assembly to drive the gear with a RUBBER belt stick, it all in a single unit where the only protection of the electric motor is rubber boots and plastic electrical connector running into dirty water, pelted with salt and road debris rammed with ice and you have a recipe for disaster. And when the motor rusts up just out of warranty, you'll get the great news that it is only serviceable as a unit. Similarly, I expect to see cool looking membrane buttons on a $5 calculator not a $500 steering wheel.

Can't really blame them, they have to make back a profit for the employees/shareholders somehow despite lawsuits and gratis recall repairs on millions of units. In a way owners are lucky that the Avy went out with its head high, true to its original design instead of morphing into a trendy embarrassment of the badge. When I go out to buy a duck, I want something that looks like a duck, not like a chicken.

EXT4ME said:
One of my neighbors has a 1980's era suburban he parks on the street. I'm beginning to think the squared off/four headlight look is dated.  Sorry!  I think they went rounded to allow for better aerodynamics and lessen noise.

Thomcat said:

So where would a 2007-2013 fit in there?
02 would be warrior
03-06 would be cowboy
would that mean that 2007-2013 be the ballet dancer?
I for one disagree. While from the 03-06 to the 07-13 bodystyle did bring many changes to make it more civilized and utilitarian and stepped away from the offroad segment in many ways, it is still a very capable vehicle. I should know especially since my 2009 is a 4x2. I have been through some pretty gnarly stuff and have only gotten stuck once because my rear tires caked and front passenger side was dug in. With a small lift like I have and a few ground clearance mods like removing the steps and front valence, if my Av was indeed 4x4, I would be wheeling all the time trying to conquer as much ground as I possibly can. the list of things I do not like about my 2009 are small in comparison to what else I could say is the problems with the truck:
- I think the 5.3 is a great motor, but I really wish I had the 6.0 for more power and towing. But, the 5.3 is perfectly suited for what I do
- I think the 3.08 gears are too high of a gear for these trucks. At a minimum they should have 3.42 gears standard as well as the trans cooler and a higher class hitch and frame reinforcements to be able to tow more
- Little bit more stylish and offroad looking stock rims would be nice in a 17" size.
-Finally, I wish it was 4x4

Now, I put my truck to the test everyday between going on the highway, dirt roads, towing, and mashing on the pedal. While the driving does vary day to day, I have never been in a time or place besides getting stuck in that Cane field, that my AV has not been enough to get my home with ease

09chevyavy said:
So where would a 2007-2013 fit in there?
02 would be warrior
03-06 would be cowboy
would that mean that 2007-2013 be the ballet dancer?
The non-Avalanche fanatic will look at the '02 - '06 as one version.  Other than cladding color, nothing really changed as far as styling goes.  It was more under hood electronics.  So, if we consider that all Gen I Avy your get:

'02 - '06 = Warrior
'07 - '13 = Cowboy

The next one would, if there is one, would be the ballet dancer.

I now own a 2015 Tahoe. Absolutely love the interior and the exterior. Doesn't look like a fat stationwagon to me.  ???

10687160_10101531053363687_7626776866631197515_n.jpg

10606076_10101518411053977_6383888807779126654_n.jpg

If they do come out with a 2015 style Avalanche, I would definitely consider it.

Congrats on the Tahoe. I like that SUV also.  Would think about it if it weren't so expensive.

Thomcat said:

Totally Agree, the new Yukon looks so much better than the Tahoes.

I really like the look of the Yukon head on, but the headlight on the fender looks weird from a front corner view. The Tahoe/suburban front looks way better with the higher trim level and led running lights.

The new Escalade trumps all... the ext would have been a mean looking 90 grand  :eek: :love:

PerfectReign said:
Congrats on the Tahoe. I like that SUV also.  Would think about it if it weren't so expensive.

Thanks. Yeah, that is why I ended up with the LT this time around. Plus the vehicle is more loaded than my 2012 avy ltz.

I like the classic-looking horizontal chome bar on black grill front of the Tahoe LT.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes this ladies and gentleman would be the ballet dancer of avalanches.

02-06 is the warrior
07-13 is the cowboy
14 silverado desert edition is the ballet dancer

09chevyavy said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes this ladies and gentleman would be the ballet dancer of avalanches.

02-06 is the warrior
07-13 is the cowboy
14 silverado desert edition is the ballet dancer
Amen to that.  I like my warrior.

Sorry to get off topic here but just wanted to shout out to san-man! I'm a san-man myself here in Qw2. Just wondering where you are?

frito said:
The non-Avalanche fanatic will look at the '02 - '06 as one version.  Other than cladding color, nothing really changed as far as styling goes.  It was more under hood electronics.  So, if we consider that all Gen I Avy your get:

'02 - '06 = Warrior
'07 - '13 = Cowboy

The next one would, if there is one, would be the ballet dancer.

Agreed!

NYC-SanMan said:

Man I agree. I was so hoping that they would have restyled it like the rest. The EXT would have been worth me trading in my wife on one....  :eek: :laugh:

Back