• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

AC and Hot Air

Cgaviator

My 03 AV just started blowing warm air. I read all the threads and am going to replace the low pressure cycle switch but as I was getting ready to, I noticed I have two connectors - one goes to the switch and the other is dangling unattached. This is a"new to me" AV so I'm not sure if it was always like this or a piece is missing. Does anyone have any experience with this? Great site, I already have addressed a few issues by scanning the threads?

There should only be one low pressure cycling switch at the accumulator with one connector. Put some gauges on the system and tell us what the pressures are with the system turned off.

Sorry - no gauges yet. I did some more troubleshooting though and discovered the temp doesn't change at all. It blows fine, the compressor cycles, the tubes are cold, the pressure looked good when I hooked up a freon recharge kit. I did the change the AC cycling switch but no change. I'm hoping it might be a fuse. Any ideas?

Back