• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

driver side power control not working

U02F2

SM 2007
Door locks, power windows and mirrors will not work from main control panel. They work on all the other doors. when the doors are closed the interior lights stay on .I have checked the door control and it has power to it, replaced with a new one still does not work checked all fuses and relays . This is a 2003 z71. Does anyone know  what detects if the door is open are closed

Have you checked the DDM fuse.

Another thing you may want to check is the wiring behind the kick panel where the wires come into the body.

But to answer your question  the door latch has a mini wedge switch in it that tells the BCM if the door is open or closed

I have checked the DDm fuse it was ok, have not tried to power it all down and gone through the reset. Thanks for the information did notice that there are no lights on in the panel. Its on my brothers truck he had taken it to the dealership and thought it had to be reprogramed but they were is lost as we were. ok we are going to keep digging will let u know the culprit when we fine it . lol he has been driving this truck all summer like this  hates drive through.

Same thing happend to my truck. Wound up being a broken wire between the ddm and the bcm

Back