• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What to do if Refinsh Restorer doesn't do it?

denneym1

I have a spot on the front cladding of my 06 that is faded badly.  It is right under the headlight.  I have used Refinish Restorer on my truck but this time it didn't do the trick.  Any ideas to get that area darkened up? 

Did you clean the surface with soap and water and dry real good for a nice clean area? I have even heard of someone using alcohol, no not like bourbon or anything-that would be alcohol abuse, to clean and then use soap and water before refinish.

Get a white vinyl eraser...

and rub away the dirt.... this will take elbow grease but removes everything.

I have a spot on my bumper under my headlight... I'm pretty sure it's pressure from the mount underneath though and not fading

Petrica98 said:
Has anyone seen RR turn to gel in the can after only 4 months?

Yes!! In fact, I just came on here to see if I could find anyone else that had a similar issue.  I had a previous can that last for quite some time.  The most recent one I bought earlier this year has already gelled up.  Basically I've lost a can that's about 80% full.  Can was stored in room temp, cap on tight....

Hmmm.  I wish I would be able to tell, except now the lid is glued shut!! 

I had my can get up after <6 mos, fully capped and in a ziploc bag.  Contacted the seller (from this site) and they sent me a replacement can.  Had this can 1+years with no issues.

Back