• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Will a 2006 hummer h3 navi radio work in a 05 avalanche???

hottrodd57

I realize the dealer will need to unlock & clear out the current vin stored in the radio, but after that. Will it work in my avalanche?
The radio p/n is 15883298. Thanks

Also one more ?, will inlocking the radio clear out the current stored vin, or will it still need the vin cleared?

Well it's listed as only fitting H3. How good are you at mods.

Number 2 they don't really unlock the radio, they just clear the old VIN and the radio automatically relearns the new VIN

Besides having to modifiy it to fit the dash, should the programming be compatible with the avalanche?  I like the fact that the GPS DVD fits in a different slot than the navi used in the avalanche.

Do you have the Bose speakers.

From what I can tell it's narrower and it may be longer, so if you can get it cheap it maybe worth the trouble.

The plugs and wiring are the same

well install the navi unitwill have to shave the bezel to make it wider about 1/8' all together, possibly the same on the bottom side. when i first pluged in, everything work, but the xm didnt show up?, possibly after vin is cleared it will. or is there something esle I need to do? if it doesnt get the xm i can live without it, Ill get a extra dash bezel out of the junkyard & trim to fit, will post pic when done, as I had stated in earlier post I like that the gps dvd has its owe slot & doent affect playing cds.

Did you get the GPS antenna

Never mind I just saw your other post.

I have a 2006 Nav unit I'm planning on removing soon, bose etc... if you havent purchased anything yet lmk

Back