• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated seat turns on automatically- what cable to cut/how to fix?

arachnyd

There have been a number of threads on here, but every one I read talks about how to FIX the problem (replacing modules, having it programmed by a dealer, etc.)

My avalanche is a "beater truck". I only drive it to haul/tow/or in snow. I don't care about heated seats and I don't care to "Fix" it and make it work. Its simply a waste of money. My goal is to keep the cost at a minimum.

What I did learn is that I can't just pull the fuse because there are other things besides heated seats on that fuse.

So the question is- is there a place I can cut the wire, or disconnect a module, or something to simply disable the heated seat?

Thanks!

Instead of performing a hatchet job on your wiring, why not take a little time and pull the seats up and simply disconnect the seat heater elements at their connectors under the seats.

There is one heater element for the seat back and one for the seat bottom.

Find the connectors and unplug them.

No connection, no heat.

I'm sure if there is ever another owner of that truck somewhere down the line, they would appreciate you not butchering the wiring needlessly.

Or just start cutting wires until you get your intended result.

Whatever makes you happy.

(y)

OR undo connector to switch?

ygmn said:
OR undo connector to switch?

Good idea.

I hadn't thought of that.

(y)

Back