• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Options to replace tape player

asclabo

I'm trying to find out what kind of options I have to replace the tape player that is in the center console (right above the CD storage cubby). Would it be possible to put in a 2 din touchscreen in-dash radio there, replacing both the tape player and the CD storage cubby?

--2002 Avalanche Z71 4x4--

Yep.. Search here and/or go to youtube and search for a double din install in a 02 Chevy truck.. There are some good installs and not so good try to look at a few and take it all in and then ask any questions..

Good luck and Welcome to the club...

First welcome to the site!

You could also consider a system that will fit in the existing spot that has a pop out screen for GPS and more options.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020NZ503/Clarion-NZ503.html?tp=20212

I just had this system installed in a 1947 Chevy Street rod and so far I am very pleased with it.
Crutchfield can set you up with all wiring harnesses you need to mate with your AV and they are great to deal with in sales and service.

I would stay away from the flip out screens in a Chevy truck because it will hit the shifter sometimes when it pops out, some have cut the shifter down to clear but I would not want to do that.. IMO...

asclabo said:
How do I post a picture?

You need a few more post to be able to post a picture. Load the picture to photo bucket and post a link here to it

So you wouldn't even put a flip-up radio in this area (see picture)? Would the shifter become a problem here? If a radio/in-dash were put here what could be put in the space where the factory radio is?

Thanks for the responses so far.

You can do anything you want down there, your limited only by your fabrication skills..

Putting a double din is not to difficult.. You just need a few pieces from a 03-06 Chevy/GMC Truck/SUV..

Back