• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mirrors turn down when I unlock truck

xix19

So every time I unlock my truck both the driver side and passenger side mirrors move down and every time I have to adjust them back to where they were. How do I get them to stop?

Please put the year and model in your thread when you ask anything. Try looking at the owner's manual for preset mirror adjustments. Like a memory seat, maybe the mirrors are set to a different memory. Again, at least the year. Also,  :welcome: to the club. A lot of guys put the AV info in their signatures.

raiderron said:
Please put the year and model in your thread when you ask anything. Try looking at the owner's manual for preset mirror adjustments. Like a memory seat, maybe the mirrors are set to a different memory. Again, at least the year. Also,  :welcome: to the club. A lot of guys put the AV info in their signatures.

X2 or maybe the Drivers 1 or 2 setting.

Well I guess that would help. 2003 1500 z71. I'll look into the presetting thing.

Got it! It has to do with the memory seats. Never thought to look there. Thanks for the fast replies.

So if it's the seats moving check and see if the easy exit option is turned off.

I guess I meant the driver 1 and 2 memory. I had position the mirrors where I wanted them and then hold down the driver 1 button to reprogram it.

I tried the easy exit when I first got the avy and I thought it was awkward as hell.

Back