• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

new HU

706woodman

Hey guys I have a question maybe some y'all can answer.I plan on replacing my Kenwood CD player single den,I had this installed when I first got the avy and it already has the OnStar interface wired in.my question is can I use the same one on my new unit that I am getting? Will I just have to undo the wires from my old hu and wire in the new hu? The unit I'm getting has DVD, Bluetooth,navigation and some other stuff. It is a cheep brand but I checked the manufactur and they said it will work but I need that interface to use with Bose, but I'm thinking I don't need to buy one if I already have one in now. Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks

706woodman said:
Hey guys I have a question maybe some y'all can answer.I plan on replacing my Kenwood CD player single den,I had this installed when I first got the avy and it already has the OnStar interface wired in.my question is can I use the same one on my new unit that I am getting? Will I just have to undo the wires from my old hu and wire in the new hu? The unit I'm getting has DVD, Bluetooth,navigation and some other stuff. It is a cheep brand but I checked the manufactur and they said it will work but I need that interface to use with Bose, but I'm thinking I don't need to buy one if I already have one in now. Am I correct in this assumption? Thanks

Your wiring kit will stay the same.. you just need to rewire it into the new HU. So yes you can use the one you have. 

Back