• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 LTZ Air conditioning

bigblock79

:help:OK, so i have the 2007 LTZ avalanche with climate control. when i try to turn the A/C on, the little orange light blinks 3x and doesn't turn on, even in 90 degree weather. occasionally, rarely, it will kick on by itself while I'm driving but as soon as i turn the truck off and restart, it wont work again. ??? please help, I'm sticking to the leather lol

there is something stopping the system from turning on. Probably a low charge in the system. Or there could be something wrong with the exterior temp sensor. Take it in to your trusted tech. They will be able to tell you whats up.

Take a look at your voltage gauge if it's below 9.5 volts it will do that.

volts are fine, air works great when it turns on so i dont think it needs charged (i tried). Trying to fix this myself to learn more about my truck but im lost, must be electric. where is the temp sensor?

This is the only thing I found about the issue

Attachments

• 07ac.GIF
    07ac.GIF
    59.7 KB · Views: 78
already replaced the coolant temp sensor, no change. are there 2 sensors behind grill? thought they were air bag sensors

the air bag sensors are under the radiator. the two in front of the grill ate temp sensors. They have black connectors. I dont know which one controls HVAC.

alrighty, replaced both sensors behind the grill, no change. is there an interior temp sensor?

Ya may want to stop listening to people on the internet and stop throwing parts at it. Take it to some place that has a tech 2 or a scanner that can tell you whats wrong.

its cool guys, i also have a 2007 tahoe ltz that the air works well in, i swapped the sensors, no money spent. thanks for the tips tho

so the air came on for about 20min today on my way home blowing cold the whole time. parked the truck, was inside for about 10min, came back out, no a/c again....

Back