• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

100 000k and a few gremlins

snafup

Just hit 100 000k on my 2006 avalanche which i bought new.
Incredibly right at the 100 000 mark my rear u joint died squealing, like something stuck in a rear disk pad, along with my blower motor resistor, and the dreaded p0430 code.   :E:
The u joint at least got me looking at the rear brakes, which are incredibly still fine. Got the u joint fixed, and put the new designed resistor in myself. The p0430 code is intermittent so hopefully a new sensor is all that is needed.I'll know soon enough i guess.

Hopefully just an O2 sensor like you said and not cats. Might as well do them all at once. I'm at 105K with my 2002, and I did all 4 at 86K just to be safe. When i did my u-joints, i put in aftermarket with grease fittings so It won't happen again.

Z66Modder said:
Hopefully just an O2 sensor like you said and not cats. Might as well do them all at once. I'm at 105K with my 2002, and I did all 4 at 86K just to be safe. When i did my u-joints, i put in aftermarket with grease fittings so It won't happen again.

The o2 sensor did the trick. It was bank 2 downstream sensor that was shot. Gonna replace the rest this weekend.Definitely runs and idles smother now.

Back