• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Am I stuck at 2.5"?

cgrimsha

Hi all, I've got a 2002 cladded Z71 with a 2.5" torsion key leveling kit and 33's. It's still not level, about 1.25" lower in the front than the rear. Is there anything else I can add to the front to actually get it level? Ive talked to 5 or 6 different shops and I got a different answer from each one. Some say spacers, some say springs, some say RHA shocks... I figured if anybody knew it would be you guys. Any ideas?

What did you ever find out?  I want to level my 02 as well, seems as though there are several ways to do it, but I don't want to end up in your spot either.  I want to do it once, and I want to replace the shocks all the way around too.  I saw rough country has a kit for $199. I might just go with that, includes shocks.

Well first off any shop that told you that spring spacers will help raise the front of a 02 avy, is not a shop i would take my truck to.  I would assume if you go higher in the front without lowering the front diff  and lower control arms, it is gonnna ride like crap and chew up front end parts. Basically puting a nice (sometimes expensive) lift kit on the front. Take off the 2.5 and put on like a 4" kitt.

AV 2500 said:
Well first off any shop that told you that spring spacers will help raise the front of a 02 avy, is not a shop i would take my truck to. 

Agreed, I have never had any work done there and won't in the future. I actually went back to the shop that put my leveling kit on for a routine tire balance/rotation and had one of their mechanics specifically look at the kit for me. He found out it wasn't cranked all the way and adjusted it so now it is not as different, about 1-1.5 inches difference which I can live with. I'm in the heart of pharmacy school so it will stay the same for now, but rest assure I have plans for when I'm out.

Back