• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Good Hood Functional CAI Intake

VinnieGTP

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it from Jegs; http://www.jegs.com/i/Good+Hood/573/GH-GBX53/10002/-1  .  They matched the price from another place I found online and it ended up being about $253 shipped.

Install was easy, as for oprformance....I didn't notice any yet but I did reset the average MPG so I could see for sure.  I'm really glad I didn't pay the $400 they wanted for this thing 4 years ago or I'd be PISSED!!!!  It's 2 custom and cut pieces of thick sheet metal, a plastic air fitler/MAF adapter and an Airaid filter.  There's no tubing included in this kit so I'm gad I already had the intake tube from Airaid.

IMG_20140731_182717_204_zpsjzlae1gj.jpg

IMG_20140731_182726_453_zps4tw1ddbr.jpg

The hood yes. Good Hood makes a steel hood for the Avalanche. I've seen some by Keystone Restyling too.
I want the one with the dual and functional intake but cannot find one. There are also cheap ones on ebay and other sites made of duraflex but I am not sure of the quality of them.

$_1.JPG

In the early 2000s I remember buying a Duraflex body kit for my first car, a 1996 Ford Probe GT. Man I loved that car back then. Anyway the Duraflex kit looked good from a distance but standing next to the thing you could see the wavy lines of the mod and surface texture issues that made me regret ever purchasing it. It also did not fit properly at all but I loved it . If you have OCD like me and/ or good taste and want your truck to look nice close up as well as from a distance, you'll probably stay away from it. Look for a Steel hood by Goodmark. It may be heavier than the fiberglass ones out there but it would be well worth the extra dollars in my opinion

Hmmm... Might have to consider getting one.. I want the dual ins and my current hood is starting to bubble around some of the edges...

Rodney

Back