• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bratfest X !!

ohiobellboy

SM 2008
SM 2007
According to my calendar, It will be on August 31st this year.

This is the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Most people have a 3 day weekend and that gives a little extra time for traveling. We've had as many as 19 Avys for this (and a few other vehicles) and it's always a great time. Put it on your calendar.

Just sign up for a side dish that you will bring to share. Brats, burgers and hot dogs are provided. Bring your own drinks also.

Start time will be when people start showing up. Normally around 10 am. Hope to have the brats cooked and ready to eat around 1pm.

Shelter Number 1 (same as BF VIII in 2012) right next to the playground in the Daycamp area.
http://www.stcharlesparks.com/162/facilities/bmcnair-parkb.php

This park has a playground right beside the shelter for the little ones and the restrooms are fairly close as well. (y)

ATTENDING
OBB, Twiggy +1
Fowlhunter +?
MyBigToy + ?
AvDavidw + ?
Richie_Rich +?
Speed64 + ?
enoniam  & Mrs
bgnAV05 +2
Jchevyfan
JoelG + 2

Definite Maybes
Ski Edition +?
Snyder80

Possible
Moosc

Post up a side dish or necessities that you'll bring

Brats, Burgers and Dogs---------------- OBB
Buns, chips ---------------------------bgnAV05
Charcoal and lighter fluid--------------- JoelG
Disposable Table cloths-----------------
Paper Plates, plastic untensils-----------

SIDE DISHES
Pasta Salad ---------------------  enoniam

DESSERTS

Put me +1 down, bringing pasta salad.

We'll most likely be driving our alternative Chevy.  >:D

Snyder80 said:
Hmmmm. It's less than a 3 hour drive for me... Could do a day trip
Ya know you want to. If you have little ones there's a playground right there at the shelter.

Mods
I have the torsion bar to do the tailgate.

Would it be possible to do the leveling keys?  If so what exactly do I need?  Which keys do I get?  I know it requires an alignment but I can do that when I get back home.

bgnAV05 said:
Mods
I have the torsion bar to do the tailgate.

Would it be possible to do the leveling keys?  If so what exactly do I need?  Which keys do I get?  I know it requires an alignment but I can do that when I get back home.

While it's not necessarily a big mod, lots of things could cause problems with this mod, like the keys could be rusted to the torsion bars. Between needing an alignment - if it's way off, just driving home could cause enough uneven wear that you fubar your tire life - and the potential issues, I wouldn't recommend attempting this one. If you decide you want to try, you would want to start spraying all of the parts down with PB Blaster for several days prior to Bratfest.

MyBigToy said:
While it's not necessarily a big mod, lots of things could cause problems with this mod, like the keys could be rusted to the torsion bars. Between needing an alignment - if it's way off, just driving home could cause enough uneven wear that you fubar your tire life - and the potential issues, I wouldn't recommend attempting this one. If you decide you want to try, you would want to start spraying all of the parts down with PB Blaster for several days prior to Bratfest.
Well with my luck it would turn out to be a huge pain.  thanks

Adding Jchevyfan to the attending list.

2 weeks from tomorrow. Who's next to sign up?  :wave:

ohiobellboy said:
Adding Jchevyfan to the attending list.

2 weeks from tomorrow. Who's next to sign up?  :wave:

We are down to a little over a week now - surely somebody else is going to sign up and attend?

By this time next week, we'll be settled in our hotel room after a 10 hour trip. This will be #7 for us. (y)

*let me dust off my profile here.....and, good*

I hear there is a Festival of Brats? I'm down, and this year I'll have the rats with me. Looks like you'll need something to cook the brats with, so I can bring a big bag of charcoal.

My boys are 5 & 6, so if anyone is on the fence about coming because their kids won't have playmates, forget about it. My kids can get along with raccoons. It'll be fun. I'll bring some Popsicles as well.

I don't need to do anything with my truck this year, so I'll be there but not to do work. Unless I can get a new radio or something by then for CHEAP!

-Joel

Joelg1980 said:
*let me dust off my profile here.....and, good*

I hear there is a Festival of Brats? I'm down, and this year I'll have the rats with me. Looks like you'll need something to cook the brats with, so I can bring a big bag of charcoal.

My boys are 5 & 6, so if anyone is on the fence about coming because their kids won't have playmates, forget about it. My kids can get along with raccoons. It'll be fun. I'll bring some Popsicles as well.

I don't need to do anything with my truck this year, so I'll be there but not to do work. Unless I can get a new radio or something by then for CHEAP!

-Joel
Starting to wonder if you were gonna make it this year. We're back at shelter #1 which is the one we did your exhaust at 2 years ago. The playground is right beside the shelter.  (y)

Back