• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

17" tire changer

Tugboatscotty

PM 2014
PM 2013
Does anybody know a good place to get a tire changer for 17" rims. all the ones i find online only go to 16"

Thanks

Don't know how good it is but

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_18863_18863

I see where it says tire height from 16-20 but where doesn't say what size wheels it take. Harbor freight has one that looks just like that on and it only take up to 16.5" wheels. Not that I have ever heard if .5" wheel sizes but that is what it says

Yeah there is not much out there that goes over 16.5

Tugboatscotty said:
I see where it says tire height from 16-20 but where doesn't say what size wheels it take. Harbor freight has one that looks just like that on and it only take up to 16.5" wheels. Not that I have ever heard if .5" wheel sizes but that is what it says
3/4 ton trucks back in the 80's had 16.5 wheels. I remember them from working at a gas station.

I believe HF and Northern are the same company or they at least get their stuff from the same place overseas.

ohiobellboy said:
3/4 ton trucks back in the 80's had 16.5 wheels. I remember them from working at a gas station.

I believe HF and Northern are the same company or they at least get their stuff from the same place overseas.

And most of those 16.5" rims were "split" rims. They were determined to be hazardous to tire installer's health due to risk of blowing up when installing tires to them.

From my experience, Northern Tool carries better quality stuff. I shop at both places (we have physical store locations within about 1/2 mile of each other) but when I want something that will last longer I buy at Northern Tool. I have a 15 gallon broadcast/spot sprayer that I have been using at the farm for the past 3 or so years that came from Northern Tool.

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll just have to keep looking or rig something up myself

Back