• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A/C questions

Drummerguy

my question is when i have 5 settings on my control to turn my a/c on  well if i turn my a/c clear to 5 and my a/c shuts all the way off but if i put it on the other settings it works fine what can that be ?

Thanx
Jon

It's probably  the high speed fan fuse.

So you have manual controls as opposed to automatic?

And when you say "shuts off", do you mean the blower motor doesn't run? Does it matter if the a/c is on or off?

Assuming it is manual and you mean the blower does not run on high but will run on all other speeds... Likely culprit is blower motor resistor

Fyi the Auto AC does not have a 1 2 3 4 5 fan speed setting and he double posted

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144341.0.html

Yeah I saw the double post after I answered this one.

Just wanted to verify instead of making assumptions. Because we all know what happens when assumptions are made  (y)

Also I should have just deferred to the people who know way more than I do. MS03 your answer on the other post seems more likely lol

Snyder80 said:
So you have manual controls as opposed to automatic?

And when you say "shuts off", do you mean the blower motor doesn't run? Does it matter if the a/c is on or off?

Assuming it is manual and you mean the blower does not run on high but will run on all other speeds... Likely culprit is blower motor resistor

Its manual but if i turn it on well the 1st and 2nd settings barely work and the 3rd and 4th settings work but every  now and then the 5 speed works but at times it shuts off

Snyder80 said:
Yeah I saw the double post after I answered this one.

Just wanted to verify instead of making assumptions. Because we all know what happens when assumptions are made  (y)

Also I should have just deferred to the people who know way more than I do. MS03 your answer on the other post seems more likely lol

Sorry bout the double post my computer was slow and didnt think that my post went through and i was trying to delete it

If it works now and then it probably the resistor

Back