• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rust on 07

NYC-SanMan

I have had my 07 LT for just over a year. It has 55,000 miles on it. I removed my spare tire the other day to make sure it was working (after reading a few post on how it sometimes gets hung up) the tire came off with no problems. Only thing is I found a lot of rust on the frame of the tire holder and on the frame of the truck. I'm not talking surface rust.... Im talking thick clumps of rust that are flaking off in some spots. It looks as there might have been some type of undercoating that did not do its job.
I cleaned up what I could and put a good thick coating of Eastwood rust encapsulator. I know it's just a bandaid but what else could I do
Anyone else have this happening to there truck?

I have a 2007 LT WITH RUST under  rear  bed of truck also: spare tire was flat, rim had rusted and made the air leak out. Had to have rim sanded  to repair.

gbrother

gbrother said:
I have a 2007 LT WITH RUST under  rear  bed of truck also: spare tire was flat, rim had rusted and made the air leak out. Had to have rim sanded  to repair.

gbrother
Have you done anything about the rust on the frame?

Our 13 has just under 12k miles and the frame coating has already rusted and started flaking off... Gotta love crappy WV winters.. And thats with getting washed at least once every 10 days or so most of the time once a week

Back