• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Questions about NAV in "07 AVY

picklefreek

Hi All!!
New to the group.  Bought a '02 AVY last year and loved it so much that I traded it in for a'07 LT.  I love it!!
This forum has been such a great resource to finding questions to my answers and I thank you all for that.

The '07 I just bought came from Canada, and the NAV is in metric (the temp in the mirror was too, but figured that out).  In the manual, it says to change from metric to English, you just do it via the DIC.  The DIC was already set to English (OD is in miles), but my NAV is still in metric.  Tried looking for a menu or setup on the NAV, but can't seem to find one.  Any ideas for this??

Also, of course with it being 7 years old, the display of the maps is pretty old school.  If I were to get a update disc, would this help?  I am thinking not, that it is only going to update road and POI changes..  Even if I did get a disc, the front unit does not appear to be a DVD player (DVD player in the back seat).  Also, since I my wife's niece's husband owns a junk yard, was thinking about asking him to keep an eye open for a NAV/radio from a newer for me.  Good idea you think??  would it have to come from an AVY or any GM truck/SUV you think.  Would it be worth it??

I have other questions too, but I will leave it at these 2 for now..

Again, thank you all so much!!

An update disc would update roads, but not how the nav looks. As for the metric vs. english, ill have to look into it. I'm not 100% sure a newer nav would work but it should. You will have to take it to a dealer to get programed tho.

Read this in the Supplemental Navigation manual.

Language -- English/Metric

To change the language of the navigation screens, see "Driver Information Center, DIC Vehicle Customization" in the Index of your vehicles owner manual.

To change the navigation screens from English or metric, see "Driver Information Center, DIC Operation and Displays" in the Index of your vehicles owner manual.

When I upgraded from the '08 nav disc to the '10 nav disc on my old '08 truck, there were some minor software updates. One thing that changed was the map colors. Highways went from green to red lines, and a few other color changes. Another change was that some functions that were always disabled when the truck is moving (like scrolling menus) were optionally enabled with the update. But the overall look and feel of the maps did not change. I never updated past the 2010 update so there may be other software changes since then.

Back