• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stereo Upgrade

ZakRhyno

My radio is well showing it's age, so it wear out and well needs to be upgraded. I have the default XM radio interface

It looks like this
Gm_nav_73d79631-c3b9-42d1-a4c1-7b616a20f37a_1024x1024.jpg

So I thought I ask the community on any ideas of what type of upgrade anybody would suggest? I'm looking for something with a better enterface and also will support bluetooth technology for talking as well as playing music, nav system. I was also looking at something with a backup camera install, my trun comes with backup senors but no camera.  

There several options for you depending on your budget. There is a nice post here for a 9 inch Alpine but it cost 2,500 to 3,000 dollars

wow not looking for $3000.00 But I guess $1300.00 is the my limit. Just wanting to see this 9 inch Alpine one your talking about got a link to the one?

Pioneer has a great line that will come close to your budget if all your doing is upgrading the head unit.. Interfacing into your AV's system may put you a little over.. You can find the top of the line unit for under $1,000 on ebay..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX

Back