• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07+ front and rear sway bar end links

Calicak89

SM 2018
SM 2017
PM 2016
I got a screaming deal on a set of Eibach front and rear sway bars. $275 for the pair. I got the two bars, bushing and mounting hardware.
Here's my dilemma. While I'm at it, I want to replace/upgrade the end links since I'll have everything apart.
I am having trouble finding quality front and rear links for my 08, I tried the search, but am only finding good info for the 02-06 models
Do you guys think it's necessary to replace the rear links?
Hotchkis makes them, but i can't find them for sale anywhere except for with the sway bar kit.
Raybestos makes a set of fronts, part number 545-1002 with poly bushings (Raybestos 545-1002 Professional Grade Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit) however, their website says they won't fit, what is confusing is they also make a set with crappy bushings, part# 545-1002B (Raybestos 545-1002B Service Grade Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit)
The part numbers are the same except for the B moniker at the end, yet the latter kit says that it is a proper fit on my 08.
I can't find any specs as far as length on either.
I would like to find and acquire front and rear links A.S.A.P
Any help is appreciated

I found them both on the Raybestos website and both fitting your 08

Attachments

• 1002.PNG
    1002.PNG
    63.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 1002b.PNG
    1002b.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 179
Oh he will like them the difference between stock swaybars and solid aftermarket is night and day. Even my 2500 it was a 100% improvement.

The good thing about upgrading the bars is it will not change the ride quality.

biggmachz said:
let us know how you like the upgrade!
Will do, got the raybestos front links today. I ended up ordering Mevotech rear links after reading lots of good thinks about them on a tahoe forum, they're supposed to be here Monday.  Now I just have to try to find some time in my ridiculous schedule between now and next Friday before driving to nationals to try to get them on, that's if I get time to replace my front cv joints.

The results are absolutely ridiculous. Had I known that it would make this much difference this would have been my first mod. and I have only had time to get the front done. Can't wait to get the rear done. I got the front done and went down to the cloverleaf at the parkway by my house and hammered all four exit ramps. It seriously feels like and entirely different vehicle. My springs took a small amount of roll out when I changed them last year, I was expecting a similar result, but it is 4-5 times stiffer than I was expecting.
I did some homework and figured out that my CV shafts and back up sensor are both warranty items, so it's at the dealer now getting those items addressed. I'm hoping to have time Thursday to get the rear done before heading to Indiana on Friday
I kind of feel bad low balling the guy for $275 now, knowing the result, I would have gladly paid the $550 retail.
$275 for the bars and bushings, $17 for the front links and $40 for the rear links. $332 total
Here is the front

Attachments

• FrontSway 7-14.jpg
    FrontSway 7-14.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Frontsway2 7-14.jpg
    Frontsway2 7-14.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 149
Ya like them, >:D

Day and night.

Still have yet to get a chance to do the rear. Had to to the front brakes in the interim and I have been crazy busy with selling a few properties and purchasing one. Will post up as soon as the rear gets on.

Finally got a chance after 2.5 months of them sitting in the garage to get the rear bar, bushings and links on.
Skipped the cloverleaf and went straight to a back mountain road this time.
These make an astronomical difference. Makes the av feel like I am riding in my old 89' Camaro (not quite, but you get the point). I highly suggest getting upgraded bars links and bushings to anyone who wants to eliminate body roll.
Possibly the best $332 dollars I have ever spent on a mod as far as bang for the buck is concerned, and I've spent more than I care to mention on my last Av and Silverado before that

Attachments

• rear sway2.jpg
    rear sway2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 100
  • rear sway3 10-14.jpg
    rear sway3 10-14.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 99
I knew you would like them, even by big old boat with its antique suspension loves them, can take a off ramp at a good clip.

Back