• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Seat heat and lumbar help

Carcraze

Hi all

So I have made some progress on some repairs but I am now at a stand still.

I bought an 07 LTZ which had inop drivers seat and inop aftermarket seat heater.

The driver seat power feed was nicked at one time and the wire corroded and disintegrated so I replaced the bad section and now have the seat working. The lumbar still doesn't  Switch tests good but I have no power to the lumbar and when I jumped lumbar only works one way.

Is there a way to get to it in vehicle or should I pull the seat out to trace?

Aftermarket heater has connections under the dash and the relay is not powering on. The relay has been fed from the back of the left side fuse block. When looking at the back of the fuse block they have fed from the upper left brown wire which I assume had key on power at some time but doesn't now. Fuses all seem okay.

Everything seems to work in the vehicle I was wondering if anyone has a back fuse block wiring diagram or what this brown wire would have fed? Looks like about a 20 - 22 gauge wire maybe and must feed something at key on at some time? That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Thanks
Mat

You will need to look at the wiring diagram for the seat but I suspect the lumbar switch uses two different resistances to control the different directions. So by jumping the switch you would only get it to work one way.

Back