• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche Radio Screen Display Problem

RidingDirtyHTX

Hey guys. I'm new to the forums, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

I'm having a problem with my 2005 Avalanche's radio screen display. Everything still works BUT the picture display. It still plays music (CD's and radio), all of the buttons work and the screen still responds to touches, but I'd have no idea what I'm pressing. It's just a black and white screen (like on a TV). I'm not very knowledgeable on these type of things, but could it just be a bad wire that I need to replace?

I'll post pictures later on today.

Hopefully it's nothing too expensive, because I'm tired of this black and white screen. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a navigation headiunit. 

Yeah.

Like this one.

nav01.jpg

That sure look like a bad display, but it will cost you more to replace it, than to buy a aftermarket unit

MS03 2500 said:
That sure look like a bad display, but it will cost you more to replace it, than to buy a aftermarket unit

Ah, man. I was hoping it would be nothing too serious. I'll start looking into some aftermarket ones then. Don't plan on getting anything too nice. Just want something to play the radio, CD's and have an AUX port.

Back