• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

04 Avalanche Ac not blowing sounds like fan is blowing like a mad dog but not.

Crocodile Lundee

:help: My 04 with over 100k Ac is not blowing and no mater what vent it put on my windows fog up like a mad dog.  I understand there is no place to replace the filter my question is AND!  So there still should be a place to clean or something.  I have not put it in the shop as I am unemployed right now but do not want to lose my AC for lack or care no air blowing in not right.  Takes a while for the cab to cool with no air blowing.  Fan control works and it sound like its blowing.
:help:
Crocodile.

Yea windows fog up all the time no mater how hot it is out side have to use the windshield wipers all the time.  No mater what level I put the blower on.  No air getting to the back also.  I understand there is no filter for this model.  So now what's a person to do.

Sounds like the heater core is leaking causing the fogging. Also sounds like blend door problems causing the fan routing problem with hearing the fan but not out of the right vents. Have seen coolant mix with debris at bottom of blend door causing obstruction.

Blending of the doors sounds like it could be the issue but what's the solution.  Don't know how the doors could get off if they were not from the factory.  Anything could happen.  I am up for it all will look and see how blending of the doors could be adjusted.  Only place ac air is coming out is on the dash next to the doors the little round ones.  :E:

So no AC air is coming from the defrost vent on top on the dash

Back