• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A/C blows hot on driver?s side, need clarification

RFD100

I have read the 13 page form on this subject and need a little additional help. I have a 04 Z66 that is blowing hot air on the driver?s side. I have tried the battery disconnect to reset and that failed. Now I plan to replace the blend door actuator. Is the actuator on the passenger side or driver?s side?  Also do I need a mode actuator or a temperature actuator? The mode is $65.00 dollars and the temp $144.00 at the locate Autozone.
Thanks in advance for the input.

I had the same issue a couple years back.
The actuator you are looking for is in the center, right above the hump.
Once you remove the lower cover you will see it. It's actually the easiest one to get to so you are lucky.

When mine failed, shutting off the truck and restarting it would clear the issue temporarily, at first anyway.
I was able to open mine up and clean all the old dried out grease out of it, then I used a pencil eraser to clean the copper contacts.

Been working perfectly for 2 years and the fix didn't cost a dime.

jmuller62 said:
I had the same issue a couple years back.
The actuator you are looking for is in the center, right above the hump.
Once you remove the lower cover you will see it. It's actually the easiest one to get to so you are lucky.

When mine failed, shutting off the truck and restarting it would clear the issue temporarily, at first anyway.
I was able to open mine up and clean all the old dried out grease out of it, then I used a pencil eraser to clean the copper contacts.

Been working perfectly for 2 years and the fix didn't cost a dime.

Having the same problem as you.... it's intermitting and by restarting the truck seems to fix it. Do you have any pics of what it suppose to look like. I'm sure at 200K miles, it must be pretty gummed up.

Thanks

I looked but any pages that HAD pictures, the links are broken now.
Anyway,
Look at this page, start around page 11 or 12 and read up on it. Lots of detailed info.

Back