• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Diablosport Predator and fuses

specialk440

So I finally got a Diablosport Predator u7194 for my Avy, a 2008. As some of you predator users may know, the manual is generic. It tells me I need to pull the OnStar and XM fuses, but it doesn't tell me which ones they are. Neither does the fuse diagram. I'm thinking I need to pull the audio system and one or more of the seo (seo, seo b1 or seo b2) fuses. Problem is I have three seo fuses, and I don't know which one to pull. Anyone else with a newer style Avalanche that has pulled fuses for a tune? Help! Thanks.

O.K., I pulled RDO, AMP, SEO B1 and SEO B2, then installed an 87 octane tune and disabled AFM/DOD. It worked. V8 all the time and woke the Avy up a little. That's what I wanted. Someday I will mess with the individual parameters, but this is all I wanted for now. Definitely worth the purchase. Figured I would post in case it helps someone else. Cheers.

Why did you pull those fuses? My predator tuner works fine leaving the stock system alone. I also have the 87 octane performance tune on and DOD turned off.....

Yeah, I think I pulled fuses the first time. I've used it tons of times since and never pull anything. Just make sure everything is turned off and don't open the door while its writing.  

The reason for pulling the fuses is that the xm radio and on star could be transferring data while you're loading a tune. This may cause something to not load correctly. I have done some adjustments to the tune without pulling fuses and have not had any problems. That's just the basis behind pulling fuses. Cheers.

Back