• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2004 EXT

saf101

I just wanted to post a quick hello I just purchased a 2004 EXT on Saturday and have to say that I really enjoy this truck. I have been reading past post and gathering some great ideas from the forum.

Scott

It looks great for its age. (y)

My truck's twin!

Without all of the "beauty marks" mine has.

(y)

So I have had my 2004 EXT for about a month now and have really come to like it very much. I have added Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards on recommendation from EXT4ME to the rear and they have really helped out on the rear dirt and stone chips. I have also read a lot about the Mid-Deck so I decided to take a stab at making one. I will use this for a trip to Maine that I will have two vari kennels that will sit on the deck. I read several threads on this and really like cutting out around the seats rather then a straight cut always looking for a challenge

Scott

You might want to consider cutting to match the 60/ 40 split.  It is easier to handle and makes various configurations to do 1 seat and 1 deck.

Mid-deck looks great!

(y)

I still need to install the carpet I ordered for my two-piece mid-deck.

It's still sitting in the box out in the garage.

Seems time for projects has been at a premium as of late.

I agree on cutting them to match the 60/40 split I found out how hard they are to lift so I made a template out of masonite so that I can just use a router to cut another one when I have more time to make the 60/40 version. Would also like to find matching carpet this was just a 5X7 remnant that I purchased from lowes cheap.

Scott

I bought my matching carpet as a flat piece from Stock Interiors.

Find the color you think you need and they will send you a free sample patch.

Also, on my truck , my wife and I think the 8655 was the closest match.

When I asked for my sample, I sent along the info on my truck and they sent six different samples for me to choose from even though I had only picked one I wanted to look at.

It may not be a perfect match, but the existing carpet is ten years old and most likely faded since it was new anyways.

Better than some black AstroTurf, I suppose.

(y)

Back