• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear end sags with cargo

amanda11270

I previously owned a 2002, just bought a 2011, I use this truck for work.  I have a snugtop installed, and just bought a really really nice bedslide drawer.  The bedslide drawer is a heavy steel one.  My trucks rear sags when I load with cargo, my 02 never did this, but I didnt have the drawer then .  What can I do to help it support that?  Would better beefier shocks do it?  Or do I need like air shocks?  Any thoughts?

I would think that suspension air bags would be a good solution.

There are several members here that use that solution and I am sure they will be along shortly to provide you with some good advice.

(y)

the Firestone air bags are fantastic, and there just happens to be a brand new pair in the for sale section, its for charity for the National GTG coming up in July!

Didit

I had the air bags on my 1500 with snugtop and even with trailer attached it was no problem. I even did airbags on my 2500 but don't think I really needed them. But with 1200 lbs trailer tongue weight, it can't hurt !!

Back