• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Error Code 68 -- Hypertech

RedBone86

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster.  I recently swapped out my ring and pinions to a 4.56.  I expected the PCM to go nuts over it which it did by displaying ABS failure and that I was driving with the parking brake on. I attempted to fix the issue with my Hypertech and it said that the hypertech needed an update. I updated it then after pluggin up to the AV i got the Error code 68. I figured I was just an idiot and technology was getting the better of me (again). I went to the local garage and they plugged up a superchip to it. The ones they all tried said that there were no programs in the chips for a 2004 Av. The manager sent the information to the company and they are writing a new program for it. So my first question is, for those of you who have changed the gears in your differentials, what have you used to fix your PCM? My second question is, for those of you with expereince using computers with your vehicles, does them writing a new program mean my truck will in a sense be a guinea pig and that my PCM will be messed up?  I'd rather not go to the dealer and pay a large amount of money for a something I should be able to fix easily but i dont want my PCM messed up either.

Back