• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who says you can't stuff a 900# Harley in an Avy

ohiobellboy

SM 2008
SM 2007
So I picked up a slightly used Rampage  bike lift for those trips where it takes 12 hours to get somewhere running down the highway on the bike due to more gas stops and needing to stretch more often. I can usually make that run in 9 hours in the Avy. Not to mention the last trip I took on the bike, the last 30 miles was in blinding rain with no shelter in sight. It's a pretty slick operation for sure.

http://youtu.be/h0ufeNcNSpk

Nice looking setup!  (y)

Is it a one or two person job to load and unload a dresser?

Also is it hard to load & secure and unload the ramp in an AV if you want to remove the whole ramp?

Vaeagleav said:
Nice looking setup!  (y)

Is it a one or two person job to load and unload a dresser?

Also is it hard to load & secure and unload the ramp in an AV if you want to remove the whole ramp?
Can be done with one person just like in the video. The lift is bolted into the bed. As I don't drive this one that much, when I don't need the lift, I simply unbolt it and shove it into the back seat so I can close the TG and put the covers on. The lift itself weighs prolly 400lbs. I unbolt it, use the winch cable over a strong piece of pvc tossed though the sail panels and then lift the winch enough to toss a couple more pieces of pvc under the frame of the lift as rollers. Give it a shove into the truck and strap it down so it doesn't rattle then button up the truck. If we need the seating to take people or the dogs somewhere, we use one of the other Avys.  (y)

That?s a nice set. :eek: Could you hook a Rollaway to it?  >:D
Just reminds me of a fishing trip to Montana it was the week of what locals call Testie-Festie, turned onto a biker GT.
At the hotel we were staying there was a huge RV pulling a trailer with Harleys. What I could not grasp they stayed at the hotel.  ???

See the van roll the stop light @ 1:36  :E:

I would have stopped filming and gave the woman driver a spanking.

I'd love to have one of those for my 800+ lb cruiser, but it's a bit too rich for my blood..  I'm just going with a heavy duty ramp, wheel chock, and 2 x 12s to keep the back tire off the tailgate.

imaniguana said:
I'd love to have one of those for my 800+ lb cruiser, but it's a bit too rich for my blood..  I'm just going with a heavy duty ramp, wheel chock, and 2 x 12s to keep the back tire off the tailgate.
They pop up on CL from time to time for around 1500. I ended up selling it. The body lift on the truck made things real interesting when trying to run though the mountains with that much weight up top.

Back