• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Superchips, diabolo and hp tuner

Maniac

Hello,

another post another question

Normally i went to make the came swap, but due the lpg installation some lpg mechanics deconseille me the mods but he don't know really is good or not, like a lotery, anyone in Belgium have made this mods with a Lpg system,

If finally i made my cam quest, anyway i do tuning my truck
What is the difference between these brand tuner programmer in the title?

If the came quest is aborted, and just change exhaust, exhaust manyfold, to try grab some HP.
What Tuner for my case
A tuner make mods of tranny?
Sorry but i'm very loosing with so many choice, informations

Many thanks

The LP gas conversion throws a monkey wrench in the mix so I'm not sure about these answers, which are good for running on gasoline. If you really want to do it, there is always a way to make something work (but it may cost way too much money and there may be nobody who knows how to make it work):

If you do a cam swap the Superchips tuner won't do you any good as it is a "canned" tuner that is only good for minor modifications. If you do a Diablo tuner you will need a custom tune from one of their authorized custom tuners since it is a "canned" tuner that also accepts custom tunes. You can do the tuning yourself with HP Tuners but the learning curve is pretty steep - you need to take your time learning it or have someone who knows what they are doing with you or you can get in real trouble.

If you don't do the cam, and only do exhaust and headers, any of the canned tuners have enough adjustment to work for that application. Any of them also allow you to adjust the shifting of the transmission.

Hp Tuners would be the one if going natural gas since it gives you the most flexibility and control.
But you have to learn how to use it first or you can do more harm then good.

MyBigToy said:
The LP gas conversion throws a monkey wrench in the mix

I'm not sure to understand you, is an expression?

for resuming is that poop? :9:

Hp tuner works with credits, is that you mean by " authorized custom tuners " ?
if i understand, you pay for using the tuner with ? buying with 10 credits, you can tune 10 x a truck or car?
Like a lisence?

In my advice, i can forget my cam swap project, i want to cry

Rest 3 options in my pocket:
Get out the lpg but the gaz is too expensive, or going to living in US; who have a room to rent me ? or don't using the avy like a daily car and buying a Smart lol

Attachments

• smart.png
    smart.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 257
Yes Monkey wrench in the works is an expression. Means makes it harder. But depends on your installation. Some LPG or CNG are setup to be transparent to the standard gasoline system. Others need a total reprogram of the PCM. If yours required a full reprogram then you need the same people that understand your system

As already mentioned the "canned" tuners are ONLY good for stock vehicles with little in the way of upgrades.

HP Tuners I am assuming is a full tune system. There is a learning curve to learn how to tune your own system which is why many just pay others to tune for them. However if you purchase a tuner such as HP tuner it can save you from having to send in your unit to have it programmed by someone through mail. They have a specialized scan program and you should be able to log what it looks like. Then you send this log file to someone that can program and they will modify your program, send it back to you and you write the new program to your truck. You repeat this until your truck runs right.

Rodney

Here in the Netherlands almost all US trucks including the Avalanche is fitted with a LPG system. Mine also. I'm driving an '02 Avalanche with the 5.3 engine converted to LPG.

My buddy and me use the Diablosport tuner with the canned tunes for now and we have noticed a significant improvement in driveability and power. Mainly from the start there is more 'oomph', the tranny shifts differently and torque control is greatly reduced by the tune. It is indeed possible to log a few miles of driving in your Diablosport Predator, send the log to a tuner in the US (forgot his name but can search if wanted) and he will provide you with a custom tune (I think $100) specially for your truck.

But again; the LPG works fine with the Diablosport as it is fully transparant for the ECU.

Back