• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

LATEST MAP UPDATE

2013avalanche

Just got my notice for map update for the nav system-only $159.99 Plus FREE SHIPPING. Are you kidding me, its probably a $10 cd to upload. I think i will stick with my Garmin with free lifetime maps.

really if you have onstar there is no map update...when you put destination in jit goes there....or am i missing something?? its cheaper to have onstar than use maps...but thats just me...when we are on trips my wife uses laptop or phone to see points of interest{which can be done on onstar} and just sends to truck....jeff

Well the GM Disc also updates the Navigation System, I use mine for traveling on the highway, but when I get to cities my smartphone is more accurate. It can tell you traffic conditions plus it's free since I have the phone already.

This may be a little late...but I did pop for the update, figuring it would get me current with map changes etc.  The DVD errored out in my head unit rendering nav, hdd, and cd player useless.  I ended up taking it in to the dealer; these updates are killing the head units.  They ordered a replacement unit and installed.

Then, to get refund on map update through the dealer, they needed an invoice.  Here Maps replied it would be up to two weeks for them to email...  Three weeks later, I call and they said the entire email unit is off today, I said that is not the way to get caught up, then the rep said half the employees quit.  Look it up online, the CEO quit, too.  Caution when ordering anything from HERE (Navteq).

Back