• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Overhead Monitor/DVD install

Galaxy06

I have been trying to research this for a while, with little success.  I would like to install an overhead monitor or a monitor with incorperated dvd player, in my truck with a sunroof.  Hopefully you guys can help me out; any info is greatly appreciated:

1.  Can I just replace the dome light with a monitor?  If so, would I have to cut some of the headliner, as the dome light is "bumped" down a little?

2.  Would I need to get an OEM dvd player(link) or can I get an after market one? Are there any that you would recommend?
http://www.avalancheandaccessories.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1378

3.  Has anyone installed a regular overhead monitor and separate DVD player, e.g., perhaps in the center counsel?

Thank you

Have you considered headrest monitors with built in dvd? A lot easier to install and prices are reasonable.

HawaiianBrian said:
Have you considered headrest monitors with built in dvd? A lot easier to install and prices are reasonable.

Thats what I have now; I am not a big fan of them. 

Back