• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need some help with the factory rear entertainment system in an 07 LT

riperoo

Ok, so just picked this up new, it has the Rosen headrest DVD and backseat audio system. I am at a loss, can get videos to play, no prob, but no sound. It appears the headphones are working, the light comes on, but when I hit the mode button on the player to play through speakers, nothing happens. Does the radio in that dash have to be on a certain setting? Does the control unit in the back seat have to be on a certain setting? The manual is so vague on it, and I am sure it is something simple I am missing. Would really appreciate any input.

You probably have to tune the radio to a certain frequency.

Check at this site and download a owner manual.

www.rosenelectronics.com/

Thanks, going to have spend some time playing with it, I did find the manual and tried what was in there, ans still nothing, my gut is telling me it is something to do with the back seat controls mounted in the console, just going to have to devote some time to work through it, maybe it has a bad module or something. Thanks for the link.

Remember there are 2 different systems.

RSA Rear Seat Audio System
RSE Rear Seat Entertainment System(overhead DVD)

If you have the RSE I doubt it wil work.

MS03, that is interesting, so you are saying the RAS, rear audio system, the unit that is located in the console, is totally separate from the RES? in my case the RES is 2 DVD players in the headrests. They are totally independent of each other? So, the stop and play buttons are just for something like if I had a CD in the head unit in the dash. It has nothing to do with the DVD player. Very interesting, in that case, how is the audio delivered from the RAS? strictly through the wireless head sets? And if that is the case, the head sets can be used for both the RAS and the RES. I apologize for all the basic questions, but this has been stumping me, the manual is making no sense, but now that you point this out, that may be the root of my confusion. I assumed that they were all a package.

The headrest DVD system was not a factory-installed option. I think the headrest DVD system is a standalone system unlike the overhead DVD that comes from the factory. In other words, you probably need the wireless headphones to hear audio from the headrest system or an FM modulator/separate AUX input to hear it through the vehicle speakers, if it was wired up that way.

I agree MLM since we don't know which  Rosen headrest DVD you have, but ones I have seen are standalone.

Ok, I feel like a monkeys uncle, i went home last night and pulled the window sticker and there is not a mention on it about a Rear seat entertainment system, so, you are all indeed correct, it is an aftermarket headrest DVD system. it is a Rosen AV7000, I found the manual on line, and will dig into that today. The RAS seems to work fine. Played around with that yesterday, plug in head phones only.

Back