• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Aftermarket Nav into non-bose 07 Avalanche (Adapter Preference Needed)

tweak302

Decided to slowly start upgrading the non nav/non bose stereo in my truck (2007 2lt).  I USED to be familiar with all things car audio when i used to install stereos at circuit city years ago, but times have really changed.  So for starters, i want to install a kenwood excelon nav unit along with a backup camera.  The only questions is, what steering wheel adapter interface do you guys recommend?  Other than the Steering Wheel Controls Adapter( most likely PAC or Metra), the antenna adapter, main wiring harness adapter, and trim kit, is there anything else necessary? Will i loose any chimes or notification buzzers?  i don't use xm or onstar either. 

From there it will all be downhill, with some new 6.5 components up front, a 6.5 3 ways in the back, and hopefully I can make a box for a 10"type r to bump the back seat.  Any input would be appreciated. 

This is what it took to install my aftermarket HU.

$428.00 for the unit
$47.00 Steering wheel control(optional)
$24.00 Ipod interface cable (optional)
$77.00 XM tuner (optional)
$65.00 HD radio tuner (optional)
$15.00 Install bracket
$16.00 Antenna adapter
$75.00 GMOS-01 Lan

Thanks OLD SKOOL, so the GMOS-01 works as the wire harness adapter along with the chime retention module, very cool.  Which steering wheel control did you go with, and how was the install?

I recommend to go with PAC rather then Axxess interfaces

Here is a quick pricing from crutchfield for the kenwood DNX691HD:

unit - $899.99
harness - $74.99. harness retains steering wheel controls, chimes, and retain RAP
dash kit and antenna adapter - FREE

tweak302 said:
Thanks OLD SKOOL, so the GMOS-01 works as the wire harness adapter along with the chime retention module, very cool.  Which steering wheel control did you go with, and how was the install?

It was the PAC control...don't remember the model number. Install wasn't hard, just tap into existing wires under the dash. Crutchfield is a good site to use to find out what fits your vehicle...I do my homework there, but buy elsewhere. I think they are way over priced at Crutchfield.

I pulled the trigger this morning, so thanks for all of your advice.  I will start a new thread with the "en-route" goodie list, and ill keep everyone updated on the install, and any mods.

Back