• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GM Nav Radio

davidthornton

:E: I just bought a GM NavRadio from a 2005 Avalanche and installed it in my 2003 Avalanche with a Bose system and I can not get the theft lock activated turned off. I just spent $100 a the dealership for them to tell me sorry its not going to work.  Help... anyone?

You unlock it just like you unlock any other Headunit do you remember the model number of the Nav.

I have a bad feeling they are using the 03 menu to make it relearn the VIN. Is there a auto radio shop near you or try a different dealer then tell them what you are doing.

Any advise I should be telling them?  This should work right?  I would like to back and ask what they did. 

Just say I put in a Nav in my 2003 AV and need to have it unlocked usually there is one tech that will know how to do it.

BTW do you live close to Michigan.

I'm in Atlanta I'm going to another dealer in the morning.  You mentioned an 03 menu which one is correct? 

They will have to fake it and put in something like 2005 or 6, most dealers do not like doing it.

Were you able to get the unit unlocked and installed?  I too want to do the same thing you are doing. I understand there's companies out there that will clear the VIN but I'm not sure who. 

Back