• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Possible turn signal short?

thumpinbass

I am having an intermittent problem with my left turn signal.  When I put my LH turn signal on, my 4-ways come on instead, just not on my IP, but all my exterior lights just like if I pressed the 4-way flasher button.  Doesn't do it all the time though.  When it does happen, I just keep turning the LH turn signal off and on til just the LH signals blink like they should.  It really gets annoying when I want to make a LH turn and it looks like I am putting on my 4-ways.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?  I have no problems with my RH signals.  I am thinking maybe it might be a short in the lever.  possible??

Looks like I can get a new lever for about $75 or a used one for $40 on ebay.  Doesn't look like it would be hard to install, but I would rather know if this is the problem before spending the money on a lever and that isn't the problem.

Open for suggestions....

Flasher Module, if you have not any lighting mods.

MS03 2500 said:
Flasher Module, if you have not any lighting mods.

A lot of us will agree with MS03 2500  (y)

Alright, after being told it could be the flasher module, I did some research on here about the module and it does seem to be the likely culprit as some other people have had the same problem.

I will work on getting this issue resolved as soon as I figure out what to do with my non-existent 3rd gear in my tranny.

There is a post with pics on here, I can not find. He had sometime so he took it apart and repaired it.  

Back