• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Monroe Reflux Monotube Shock

probstct

I have been looking through the site and did a lot of research on shock replacement. The Avay floats down the road now like a boat in high seas. I'm glad that all of you are out there, it sure is comforting.
I went ahead a found the part # 911505 (front) for $27.93 ea. with FREE shipping, so I ordered two.  Got the 911506 for $49.99 ea. with FREE shipping.
javascript:void(0);Both sets should arrive by next Tuesday, looks like I know what I'm doing on the weekend. From what I have read, these should not be too hard to install just a few precautions. I am some what handy so I don't expect too much trouble. (Be careful what you say)
I'll report back after install about the ride.

Isn't too bad, I installed the Reflex shocks on my old '04 with all four wheels on the ground. Use a vice grip or something to keep the front shafts from spinning.

I've had the shocks installed for sometime now, finally have time to follow up on my post here.

I had a little problem with the front until I just removed the wheels, what a difference. I didn't want to remove tires because of the room I had in my garage (not a lot). The rears went in without much trouble. I had purchased an air impact wrench that made the job go a lot faster. I did learn that my air compressor needs to be just a bit bigger, hopefully within the next year or so I can buy a bigger one.

I like the ride, stiff,  like I feel a truck should, personal preference.

Again, if it wasn't for this site, the job would have been a lot harder. The information about the different choices of shocks was important as well.

Thanks folks.....

Back