• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Happy with millage

PA08AVY

Ok so I just got back from a camping trip.  Around 1500 miles round trip.  In the past I got an average of 10 miles per gallon towing a 26' travel trailer that comes in at about 5000lbs.  I should point out I have the 5.3 with 3:73 rear.  So before this trip I put in new AC Iridium plugs,  New flowmaster muffler and got rid of the resonator with the SLP pipe and tips.  Also added air bags in the rear springs to help with the rear.  My Avy already has a cold air intake and a Edge programmer on it that I installed last year.  Changed oil just before I left and change over to synthetic.  So after all this I am happy to say I increased to 12 miles per gallon on the way to our destination.  However on the way home I got into a head wind that was strong and was back down to 10.  I can not control the weather but still happy to know that on a good day I can get 12 miles per gallon towing.  And when going that many miles a two mile per gallon increase adds up. :woohoo:

Back