• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Z71 Shocks

m16483

I need to replace my shocks . What have you guys been using for shocks . I was thinking of KYB Gas-A-Just ? Anyone using them ? Reviews of any shocks will be helpful.

Thanks,
Vin

Am I wrong in assuming all Z71 packages came with Billstein shocks? If you have to replace, why not use the same unless you are looking for a different ride or feature?

I don't know what they it came with , I didn't look yet . I just know I need them , lol . I do see some other threads to read about shocks because I didn't know there was a maintenance and care forum . You are correct in im not looking to change any ride characteristics just a good quality shock .

i bought mine and the shocks were bad already so I dont know the ride of the bilsteins... I put the ranchos 5000 on mine... wish I would have gone with the 9000 tho

In '03 the Z71 may have still been coming with the crummy Bilstein knock-offs GM was cheaping out on back around then. KYBs work. I prefer Bilsteins...the real ones. Many threads on replacement shocks here.....use search.

If I am not mistaken the Bilstein shock body is yellow with a blue dirt/dust cover. I had a Z71 package on a Chevy truck one time with the skid plates and the Bilstein shocks. I liked the good response from the shocks. :D

Both my z71s came with Bilstein shocks and I like them, never had a problem and they give a good ride.

I have the Bilstein 5100 series shock. Great shock. They are self adjusted. I recently purchased them and my ride is whole lot better. (I had worn out shocks when I bought mine too) and I got the Bilstein for less than the Rancho 9000s.

ltxi said:
In '03 the Z71 may have still been coming with the crummy Bilstein knock-offs GM was cheaping out on circa '99-early 2000s. KYBs work. I prefer Bilsteins...the real ones. Many threads on replacement shocks here.....use search.

Back