• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 Z71 Stock Exhaust?

Saavy Avy

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my 07 LTZ Z71 Avy. I'm trying to find out what kind exhaust did Chevy use on the Z?
Because for some reason my Avy has a deep throaty sound coming out of the muffler, doesn't sound stock but it looks like a
stock muffler. I'm wondering was a performance package available for the Z71? Thanks for any info here! I also did a Goggle search
and found nothing regarding the stock setup.

Did you buy the vehicle new?

From the factory it would only have an OEM exhaust, unless it was on the dealer lot and they happened to install one of the GM-sourced products.

Hey Roody650iAvy, I purchased the truck used with 50,000 miles. I wouldn't think that the muffler would go out that soon.
But it's possible! I do know it has the larger CAI installed.

As mentioned above the Z71 came with a high flow air filter but no other performance items (unless you consider suspension) like a Cat Back muffler setup. GM dealers do offer a high performance CAI and a high performance muffler that was made by several different companies over the years. Mufflers don't have to "go out' to be replaced so maybe the original owner swapped the muffler when new to something that looks stock? I have swapped stock with Corsa Sport with my two Z71s.

I think dealers put the Corsa Sport as a dealer installed option.

Couldnt he just climb under there and maybe just maybe the muffler has the manufacturer on the muffler, my flowmaster does, it says it right on the muffler, maybe corsa does the same thing?

Been awhile since I crawled under and looked, I think Corsa does mark their mufflers somewhere other than the tailpipe tips. When I got my Corsa on my 2004 I got it direct from Corsa but the packaging was clearly marked a certified GM Product and was told that Corsa comes stock on Corvettes. There was lots of discussion back then and it was written that Corsa did make the GM high performance mufflers available at dealerships. Some have stated over time that the contract with GM changed and other companies like Borla may have started making the GM dealership product. Some posted that sound and quality levels changed then too. I haven't seen anything to say one way or the other on the newer versions. I do know that when I got a Corsa from them in 2008 the boxes no longer said a GM certified product.....so who knows?

Back